If anybody has run into this problem and knows how to fix it, that would be
awesome. At the very least, what additional steps did you have to do to
install ARS on a 64bit system?

Environment
App Server - Windows 2003 64bit - hardened by security team
DB Server - Windows 2003 64bit with MS SQL 2008 - hardened by security team

I'm trying to do a base install of Remedy 7.5 patch 4. The installer
creates the database tables, the arsystem directory, registry entries, and
BMC ARS service. Then it can't start the service to finish the install.

Trying to manually start the service generates the following error...
Windows could not start the BMC Remedy action Request System Server on
Local Computer. For more information, review the system Event Log. If this
is a non-Microsoft service, contact the service vendor, and refer to
service-specific error code 1064.

Trying to manually execute arserver.exe generates this error...
The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005). Click on OK to
terminate the application.

I've installed Remedy many times, but this is the first on a 64bit system.
So I don't know if the problem is something I'm missing with 64bit or part
of the system lockdown settings done by the security team.

Thanks for any help
Jason