I'm baffled.  Tech support at BMC seems baffled as well.

The OOB escalation for SLM is named
SLM:EventSchedule:TAD_PollingEscalation.  It has not been modified at
all except for the thread/pool changes noted below.  It is an interval
escalation set to 5 minutes.

It refuses to fire however.  There is simply no mention of it in the
logs.  Ever.

We'd added a dedicated thread - in fact, we have 6 escalations
threads/pools.  #6 is dedicated solely for this escalation - nothing
else is on it.

Escalation logging shows all the other escalations working correctly.
But for some reason Pool 6 is never mentioned in the logs and the
escalation named above is nevere mentioned.  There is no message saying
the escalation is disabled - there's nothing saying it is computing the
next fire time - it is literally as if this escalation doesn't exist as
far as the server is concerned.

Suggestions?  So far we have...

-bounced the server.  Repeatedly.
-thread level logging
-every other kind of logging imaginable
-restricted pool to this single escalation
-verified pool configuration, etc
-verified server licensing, etc.

William Rentfrow
Principal Consultant, StrataCom Inc.