Hi Frex,

I had the same issue with the Tomcat 6.0.26 installer on a 64bit Windows
system.

You don't get the option to install 32 bit Tomcat, it seems to default to
the 64 bit hence the request for 64 bit JRE.

I downloaded the 32 bit directories from the Tomcat site and put them in the
c:\program files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 6.0 directory I created.

The download included a running,txt file that tells you to create two
variables pointing to the 32 bit Java:

JRE_HOME -> c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6

JAVA_HOME -> c:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jdk1.6.0_20

To create a Windows service for Tomcat you can run the following from the
Tomcat bin directory:

   service.bat install

HTH

Cheers