Was the app-server backed up? Or was mid-tier hitting it's max Proxy pool? or
both?

-John

On Jun 1, 2010, at 10:43 AM, LJ LongWing wrote:

**
John,

I had an issue awhile back where the app server was ‘backed up’…and because of
this backup it didn’t seem like the app was working (thread bound)….so people
were closing their browser and trying to log back in, didn’t work, rinse and
repeat.  This behavior from several hundred users at the same time quickly used
all of my Proxy Pools on my two midtier servers…so people started getting the
errors mentioned below….obviously the fix was to make the app server not be
backed up and everything processed properly….but because of this incident we
have increased our pool size….couldn’t find any guidelines….so I set it at
500….don’t know how to tell how many are currently in use…so I have no clue if
500 is too many, too few, etc…but haven’t seen the error since.