From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of NNMN
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2010 4:50 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: All about Mid-tier

Hi ARS’ers

I have an environment where an ARS custom app has been built. The current
version of ARS used is 7.0.001. This app has gone through migration through
multiple version ARS starting version 5.1. Although it was never intended to
have a thin-client view, we have thought of going with a mid-tier.
Now I have some questions:

1.      So after this being installed, I would like to know very much on what
level the custom app (By custom app I mean using every possible ARS workflow
action/ui components etc) will be usable in thin client (If I want all users
to use only thin-client). Ideally I know whatever works in AR User is
supposed to work in thin-client also. Still to be very sure
2.      Let’s say I have installed 7.0 mid-tier and then I plan to install 7.5
mid-tier later even before the app is migrated to ARS 7.5. Will this have
any issues or are there any checks I need to make pre and post installation
of mid-tier.

Happy and a peaceful weekend everyone
Cheers,
Naveen