Only the following data types are supported in view forms:
DB2-varchar, varchar2, char, clob, integer, smallint, real, double
SQL Server-char, varchar, tinyint, smallint, int, text, real, float, decimal
Oracle(r)-varchar, varchar2, char, clob, number, float
Informix-char, varchar, int8, smallint, integer, text, smallfloat, float,
decimal
Sybase-char, varchar, tinyint, smallint, int, text, real, float, decimal

The way I got around this is:
I have access to an external database via a SQL View. We will call this view
"remedy_view"

1.       On that particular db; rename "remedy_view" to "remedy_view_temp".

2.       create a dummy table  with the same field names and make the field
types ones that Remedy can recognize (see above). Call this table "remedy_view"

3.       Create your view form.

4.       Drop the dummy table

5.       Rename your "remedy_view_temp" to "remedy_view".

Hope this helps.

Marcelo