How do you know it's sending a NULL password? Does the arplugin.log show that?

Obviously, it is authenticating three times for one login attempt. I'd be curious to know if Remedy is trying to authenticate three times, or if some sort of AD gateway is doing it. Could it be trying each domain in turn and trying to determine the correct one, and getting the password wrong in all the other domains? Maybe by the time it gets to the right domain, you've used up all your attempts.

On Jun 14, 2010, at 12:21 PM, "Moellmer, Matthew" <matthew.moell...@53.com > wrote:

**
We can consistently recreate it through about a dozen users (others get locked out “sometimes”). Of the ones that get locked out consistently they simply login and open the incident management cons ole… and voila, locked… That made us think maybe something related to licensing but all troubleshooting there also turned up em pty.

We have been working closely with IS to monitor exactly when it occurs and we can recreate it at will… BMC has been collecting log a fter log but I’m going on three weeks now….

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Danny Kellett
Sent: Monday, June 14, 2010 12:57 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: 75. Users getting locked out

**

Hi,

Then can I ask is this happening when a person tried to login and it tries three times or is it where someone has already been logged on and then they try to do something and then they find they are locked out.

We have found AR 7.5 sending authentication requests without a password which fails, then within a millisecond, it sends the password. Im starting to think its a “feature”

Regards

Danny

This e-mail transmission contains information that is confidential and may be privileged. It is intended only for the addressee(s) named above. If you receive this e-mail in error, please do not read, copy or disseminate it in any manner. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. Please reply to the message immediately by informing the sender that the message was misdirected. After replying, please erase it from your computer system. Your
assistance in correcting this error is appreciated.