I think this is a bug in the installer. I just ended a very long webex with
BMC support and here is what I think is going on.

The 7.5 installer asks for the ip/port and instance name, however, when the
installer builds the ar.cfg file it only uses the instance name. So the
installer will build the database, however, when it tries to start up the
arserver the database cannot be found (so the installer does not complete).

Has anyone been able to install 7.5 on MSSQL that is not using the default
port?

Howard