From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Martinez, Marcelo A
Sent: Tuesday, June 29, 2010 4:12 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: incident SLAs

I wanted to ping the list to see what others are doing/thinking regarding SLAs
and ITSM.
We currently have 2 SLAs per incident: response and resolution. - we'll focus
on the response SLA for now.

As normal, when a ticket is new, the SLAs are attached and are kicked off when
the status is "Assigned".  The response SLA stops when the ticket is set to "In
Progress". This means that the ticket has been acknowledged. If the ticket is
re-assigned to another support group, the status changes back to "Assigned" and
the response SLA starts calculating time again.
I have been asked to look at "once the response SLA is met once, then don't
restart it if the incident is assigned to another support group". Or as some
folks put it "why have to shoot the duck twice if it's already dead with the
first shot".

I was thinking of creating a hidden field on the HPD:Help Desk form and having
a filter populate this field if the status is "In progress". AND adding to the
Terms and Conditions of the response service target: AND 'field' = $NULL$.

I wanted to check w/ the list if this is a good solution or if I am creating
workflow for something that can be done OOB by a setting change.

Any comments appreciated. Thanks.

Marcelo

ARS7.1 P7
ITSM 7.0.03 P6