Hi ARSers,

Something which i have been thinking about. I want to know your views on
this.
Let us imagine we have systems, SYS-A(Remedy with its backend) and
SYS-B(another platform app(like java,.NET etc) with its backend). Now if i
want the data from both these systems to flow from each other for certain
interactions, lets say i have the possibility of below methods.
Method-1) I use web-services exposed from both sides to mutually call and
get the input/output approprately and thus i acheive transactions.
Method-2) I expose some relavant schema details as DB links and then i
access them from where ever required (as view forms Remedy).

Now i want to know about the pros and cons of above methods with respect to
. I always feel that Method 2 is kind of crude way of implementing, but in a
way i get this feeling from many i talked, that it is an easier and
effortless way to go about it. Still thinking on a long term, reliability,
data-transfer speed etc
factors.

Cheers,
Naveen