From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Sun Jul 11 19:22:51 2010
Subject: ARS split db problem

Hello,

We've got a strange database problem. Just wondering if anyone had something
similar or knows how to fix it. We have ARS 6.3 running on MS SQL 2000 db on
one server and somehow the main db attaches to another  remote SQL server.
Seems like all new transactions are saved to the remote server because that db
is getting larger and the original stays the same. This split causes a lot of
problems with new forms and external sql queries. Users are not able to submit
to new forms without at least a floating license. New fields created on old
forms are not found when running SQL queries. I'm guessing because field
definitions are saved on the remote db server. I don't know if the db was split
intentionally at the time of install, or what, but we were trying to lump it
all into one db. Is this something anyone dealt with before?

Thanks

inbox. See
how.<http://www.windowslive.com/campaign/thenewbusy?ocid=PID28326::T:WLMTAGL:ON:WL:en-US:WM_HMP:042010_2>