Hi Folks...

I am going to ask this question again - because I have never seen a
definitive answer.

Here is what we have:

1) Independent SQL Database Tier (2005).
2) ARSystem Application Tier (7.5 Patch 2).
3) Mid-tier (7.5 Patch 2).

Environments:

1) Sandbox
2) Development
3) Staging
4) Production
5) Reporting/Archiving (to be deployed).

What we need to do is the following:

1) Update the Staging and Development environments with data from
production
2) Replicate the Production database to our new Reporting/Archiving
environment.

Options being considered:

A) Database Replication.
B) BMC Remedy Migrator.
C) DSO.

We understand and know how to use options B) and C).  We are looking
for feedback from anyone who is successfully using option A).
Specifically...

1) What type of replication.
2) Are there configuration paramaters that are retained at the
database level that need to be changed.
3) Are there any considerations for ar.cfg.

I have never seen a white paper on database replication ( I understand
that this method is unsupported).