Speaking of databases, does anyone know if it's safe to run update queries on
remedy database externally with a vb app? Any possible side effects from not
using remedy C or java api to do this?

Thanks

Date: Fri, 16 Jul 2010 07:18:14 -0600
From: lj.longw...@gmail.com
Subject: Re: Capturing SQL Statement
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

**

John,
I know the question comes up every once in awhile….and the common agreement is
that yes, remedy will pass a 1=0 to the DB…the argument typically occurs around
what happens when it hits the DB.  Well, from personal experience, I have seen
remedy pass a 1=1 to the DB and have that query BLOCK other queries to the
table…so in the instance of SQL Server 2005, I guarantee you that it’s passed
to the DB, and the DB does a table scan.