From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Kendhammer, Mike
Sent: Monday, July 19, 2010 9:48 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARS 7.0.1 to 7.5.0 Upgrade Issue

Hello,
Last week, I began trying to upgrade our 7.0.1 test environment to 7.5.0 patch
4.  After finally getting through the installer, I am getting the following
error when trying to do the arsystem start command.

390600 : Error reading license cache table. (ARERR 468)
   LoadLicenseCache()

390600 : Error reading license cache table. (ARERR 468)
   LoadLicenseCache()

390600 : Error reading license cache table. (ARERR 468)
   LoadLicenseCache()

390600 : This version of the Action Request System(R) is ready for use or
evaluation without purchasing or activating an authorization key.
For unlimited capabilities, contact your sales representative. (ARNOTE 27)

390600 : Failure during SQL operation to the database (ARERR 552)
   ORA-00904: "SHVIEWNAME": invalid identifier

390600 : AR System server terminated -- fatal error encountered (ARNOTE 21)

 (ARNOTE 0)
   Unable to receive indication that server is up.

We are on HP-UX 11.31 and Oracle 11.2.0.1.

I have tried running the installer twice, the second time after performing an
uninstall.  I have a ticket into BMC Support but the response has been a bit
slow.   They did mention that it seems some database objects weren't created,
one being a LICENSE_CACHE table but I haven't got much further than that.

Any suggestions on what I can try doing to resolve this?

Thanks!
Mike

Mike Kendhammer
Support Systems

Enterprse Services
Ingersoll Rand
3600 Pammel Creek Rd, La Crosse WI 54601
Office: +1 608.787.3078
Email: mkendham...@trane.com<mailto:mkendham...@trane.com>