From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Brien Dieterle
Sent: Friday, July 23, 2010 11:58 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Issue with Menu selection values

It could be the midtier is working with the alias value (char), not the
number-- for some reason this sounds familiar.

Brien

On 7/23/2010 7:45 AM, Chowdhury, Tauf wrote:

**

List,

Here's the issue. I have a bunch of drop down menus. The alias value is
a word and each has a corresponding Selection value and ID which is a
number. So High,Med,Low alias values would be 3,2,1 respectively.

I have an active link on a button which then sets an Integer field with
the number value and adding the values from each selection drop down.

In the WUT, I have no issues. However, using the mid tier, I get an
error: Data types are not appropriate for arithmetic operation (ARERR
9339)

Should I be using a different field instead of an integer?

I am running ARS and Mid Tier 7.1

Tauf Chowdhury | Forest Laboratories, Inc.

Analyst, Service Management

Informatics-Infrastructure

Office: 631.858.7765

Mobile:646.483.2779

________________________________

This e-mail and its attachments may contain Forest Laboratories, Inc.
proprietary information that is privileged, confidential or subject to
copyright belonging to Forest Laboratories, Inc. This e-mail is intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed.
If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, or the employee or
agent responsible for delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution, copying or
action taken in relation to the contents of and attachments to this
e-mail is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and
permanently delete the original and any copy of this e-mail and any
printout.