Patch 5 was pulled.  I have not considered patch 6 since the release notes
did not indicate any fixes in the area where I have problems.

We have Apache in front of Tomcat because we have some Apache modules that
we need to use to provide certain services.

Our problems don't seem to come into the picture until we have ~400
concurrent users on one mid-tier server.  Low volume against the server does
not reproduce the issues.