From: "Martin, Dwayne - martinrd" <marti...@jmu.edu>
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Sent: Thu, July 29, 2010 9:08:02 AM
Subject: User can't open Home Page

**
Dear List,
We have a GN:ControlPanel form as our Home Page, and it opens whenever a person
logs in via the WUT.  We have a user whose Home Page opened fine until this
morning.  Now not only does the home page not open, if she picks
GN:ControlPanel
from the Object List it still doesn’t open.  All the other forms open.  If she
logs in on a different PC the Home Page opens.   If I log in on her PC the Home
Page opens.  If she logs in via Mid Tier the Home Page opens.
There is something strange about that particular person and that particular
form
on that particular PC that just started happening this morning.

Another clue.  Her configuration settings don’t stick.  If she adds a new
server
on the problem computer or enters a Home Page, then logs in again, the new info
is gone.  But if she makes configuration changes from another computer they
stick on that computer, but don’t show up on the problem PC.  We tried
restarting the PC, but that didn’t help.

And it isn’t even Halloween!
Dwayne Martin
James Madison University
(WUT 7.1, Win 7 PC, ARS 7.1 p3)