For those of you who have asked questions regarding Knowledge Management
here is a sneak peak into two of the topics we will cover on the subject at
the WWRUG10 Conference just two short months away.  Dan has extended the
discount pricing until the end of the week for those of you who haven't
registered yet:

Topic

The New AR-Based, BMC Remedy Knowledge Management. One solution - One
Vendor.

Abstract

Share the new AR-Based BMC Remedy Knowledge Management application. Tight
integration to ITSM, powered by

the new AR FTS search engine. Sharing the ITSM foundation model and
supporting data structure, you can now

configure and manage RKM along with the rest of your ITSM applications ...
in one convenient solution. Search

across your ITSM solution and other ARforms with one convenient search.

Synopsis

As the Product Mgr. for BMC Remedy Knowledge Mgt., I will present our newly
designed AR/ITSM-based Knowledge

Mgt. solution. to show what's new and dive into certain areas of the
application and how to get the best results.

Topic

KCS and ITIL: Creating a Knowledge Driven Organization

Abstract

Many organizations are ITIL driven, but fail to understand the value
properly implemented Knowledge Management

(KCS) can bring to their service center. This topic will cover how KCS fits
into ITIL, demonstrate the value of properly

implemented knowledge management, and review a success story.

Synopsis

Support centers are knowledge driven. When an Agent responds to a call, the
first thing they need is immediate

access to technically accurate and usable knowledge.

Through a tight integration into the Incident Management process, your
agents will soon recognize that knowledge

content is a by-product of solving problems and that knowledge management is
not something done in addition to

solving problems, it becomes the process for solving problems.

Knowledge management is the glue that connects your Incident and Problem
management processes.

Success Story: a global organization based in UT has a large service center
with a refined Incident process but have

been unable to get their analysts to use the knowledge base. Knowlysis
conducts a maturity assessment and

provides specific next steps which leads to improvements across the
organization.

Phil Bautista, WWRUG10 Advisory Board

512-731-0304

http://www.linkedin.com/in/philbautista