From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Tuesday, August 31, 2010 9:59 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: SRM 7.6 Destroying ITSM 7.0.3 Email Generation?

**
According to the 7.6 docs the notification engine uses business hours and
business holidays to regulate support staff notifications.  I cannot say if it
is really working however - we have not gotten to the point of thoroughly
testing notifications yet.  I'm still trying to get our customizations working
with the Incident module, which is 4 times as complex in 7.6 as in 7.0 and yet
still lacks the ability to locate the customer on Login Name (as in Help
Desk/ITSM 4, 5, 6 - dropped in 7), which we MUST have.  I continue to be
_forced_ to customize due to that glaring shortcoming in the 7.x design.

As for SLM, the OOTB filters still push through NTE:Notifier; I cloned many of
them to create a whole new set of notifications for Response times to match the
ones for Resolution - the OOTB integration between Incident and SLM was only
half-baked and required a LOT of extensions.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/