Hi ARSLIST,

I have installed the Windows User Tool version 7.5 on a Windows Server
2008 64 bit OS - but unfortunately the AR System ODBC Data Source driver
is missing, so it is not possible to use ODBC driver from other sources
like Excel, SQL etc.

Nothing is found in the Windows registry, when I compare the server with
a working installation on a separate PC (not server OS and not a 64 bit
OS).

On the other PC the ODBC driver is found and working fine towards the AR
Server using AR System ODBC Data Source driver.

So my problem is to find the reason why it is not installed on the
server, and if it could be due to the 64 bit OS.

I also tried to add the ODBC entries found in Windows registry of the
working OS to the 64 bit server OS, but this did not work.

On the 64 bit server I am NOT able to find the ODBC driver, but the
crystal reports is working fine from the User Tool.

I found this information online - but this did not solve the problem
either:

On a 64-bit Windows system the User Tool installs properly but the ODBC
driver is missing:

Follow the workaround to install the ODBC driver

The ODBC Driver that installs with the newer AR System client is still a
32 bit ODBC Driver - you have to go to C:\Windows\SysWOW64 and right
click on odbcad32.exe and run as administrator to be able to configure
the ODBC Driver.

The paths mentioned above are related to Windows Vista; the base Windows
folder on Windows 2003 might have a different name like "winnt" (i.e. in
that case, look for c:\winnt\sysWOW64\odbcad32.exe)

Do you have any ideas of what could solve this problem?

Thanks in advance for your response.

Kind regards
Mr. Tee