From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Jason Alexander
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2010 7:27 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARSPERL SOAP webservice consumption error

Hi List,

ARS 7.1p8
MT 7.1p8

I am trying to consume a webservice via ARS PERL (written in EPIC IDE) using
Activestate PERL installed on my win xp sp2 laptop. I have installed SOAP::Lite
package and Crypt::SSLeaY package for SOAP calls over HTTPS.

Here is the code --

===================

use SOAP::Lite;
my $username = 'xxx';
my $password = 'xxx';

my $proxy='https://<MT server>/ars/services/ARService?server=<APP
SERVER>&webService=<WS NAME>';
my $uri = "<WS NAME>";

my $soap = new SOAP::Lite
        proxy=>$proxy,
        uri=>$uri,
        readable=>'1',
        autotype=>0;

my $header = SOAP::Header->name('AuthenticationInfo' =>
          \SOAP::Header->value(
              SOAP::Header->name('userName' => $username)->type(''),
              SOAP::Header->name('password' => $password)->type(''),
            )
        );

@data = (
          SOAP::Data->name(Qualification)->value("'Modified_Date'
>=\"09\/24\/2008\"")

$res=$soap->OpGetList($header,@data);

===================
but I am getting the following error when I try running this program:

Fault :java.lang.NullPointerException
SOAP::Data::DESTROY: ()
SOAP::SOM::DESTROY: ()
Faultcode :soapenv:Server.userException

The OpGetList method is configured to accept a query string and return the
result.
User has the proper privileges to view the form in question & query for records.

Can anybody help?

Jason