From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of William Rentfrow
Sent: Wednesday, October 20, 2010 12:47 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: ARS 7.5 - anyone got a patch higher than 004 to work on Linux?

**
I have had this same problem on the following patches:
7.5 patch 005 (withdrawn by BMC)
7.5 patch 006
7.5 patch 007
I am installing on Suse Linux (non-root).  The base install works fine but
after starting the server the arplugin server dies.
Commenting out the approval server fixes the problem - the plugin server works
fine.however, the next step is to install the CMDB + ITSM, so we definitly need
the approval server.
The environment appears to be correct - and the unix ldd command shows no
missing dependencies from this file for the approval server in the ar.conf file:
/<install dir>/ar/approval/bin/arapprove.so
Patch 004 does not have this problem.

William Rentfrow
Principal Consultant, StrataCom Inc.
wrentf...@stratacominc.com