Another idea is to turn on your ARplugin logs to Fine or Finest and you should
then be able to see the payload in both directions

Fred

From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of strauss
Sent: Thursday, October 21, 2010 5:01 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Web Service Issue

**
In my case it is usually on the custom, interface form that the roll backs
occur - at the point of integration between the external app and the Remedy app
(which is where you want them to appear, not in the ticketing form).  I still
get them today when my integration to LDAP gets a record pushed to it by AIE
from SQL Server where there is a duplicate login name or corporate id that
already exists; the transaction is refused in the application and rolled back
in the ARSystem db in SQL; our peoplesoft app allows people to add records with
duplicate (already exists) login names or corporate ids, which push to LDAP and
then to me, where my app refuses them.

If this is a bi-directional integration (each app tries to update the other)
you may have to stage it so that each process on each side allows for (or
checks for) completion on the other side before it can move on to the next
step.  In our old MySoft integration we actually were ftp'ing data back and
forth and controlling the timing with SQL Server DTS packages to give each side
a chance to do its work, since we were in fact passing record IDs in each
direction to give us an external key into each system as it generated new or
updated existing records.  It was cumbersome and fragile.

I can't give you any exact suggestions, just throwing out ideas; we are the
last shop to tell anyone how to use web services.  We have been trying to get
the myriad web service functions in Alarmpoint to work with Remedy for months
without success.

Christopher Strauss, Ph.D.
Call Tracking Administration Manager
http://itsm.unt.edu/