We installed 7.6.3 User on some Windows 7 32-bit PCs.  It seems to work
fine except some fields seem to be having non-visible characters added
that are causing a problem.  In one field, where the user inputs a phone
number in the pattern 123-123-1234, an error is generated when tabbing
out of the field which says it is not in that pattern (based on a AL
which checks for the pattern on lose focus).  If you go to the end and
delete all of the characters and retype the phone number, it will often
(but not always) allow the entry.  Is anyone else seeing this?  I also
see some weird characters - usually at the end of the text - when the
techs cut/paste stuff into some fields.

Also, I remember reading about how some people were able to get 7.6.3 to
run under 64-bit Windows 7.  When I tried to install the User on a
64-bit machine, it complained about not finding a .dll it needed to run.
What is the secret to making this work?

Thanks in advance.

Kelvin

Kelvin R. Wallace

Data Processing Manager

Remedy Skilled Professional

ITIL Foundation Certified

Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services

Agriculture Management Information Center (AGMIC)

Enterprise Platform & Computer Operations Team (EPCOT)

Room B-11, Mail Stop M-3

407 South Calhoun Street

Tallahassee FL  32399-0800

850-245-1067 - Phone

850-245-1075 - Fax

http://www.doacs.state.fl.us <http://www.doacs.state.fl.us/>

Please note: Florida has a very broad public records law. Most written
communications to or from state officials regarding state business are

public records available to the public and media upon request. Your
e-mail communications may therefore be subject to public disclosure.