But they need to see these fields if they have certain permissions (not all the
fields that I'm referencing are temp fields unfortunately).

Lisa

________________________________
From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of brian.bis...@goldstag.demon.co.uk
Sent: Saturday, November 20, 2010 4:08 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Hidden Fields

** Hi Lisa,

Taking the fields out of the view the users get should fix the problem.

Brian

Brian Bishop
Goldstag Consultants Ltd
+44(0)7973 746832

________________________________
From: "Kemes, Lisa" <lisa.ke...@tycoelectronics.com>
Sender: "Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)" <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2010 17:21:19 -0500
To: <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
ReplyTo: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Hidden Fields

Is there any way (other than creating a view or permissions) to not only hide a
field via the field properties, but to hide these fields to keep people from
adding them to reports as well.

I have hidden temp fields and I don't want the customer to choose these fields
when creating reports (there would be no reason for them to).

I think the answer is that there is no other way, but just wanted to make sure.

Lisa Kemes
AR System Developer
Tyco Electronics
717-810-2408 tel