Hello,

Sorry, this is a bit of an advert, but also an interesting addition to
this thread.

At JSS, we've just completed a solution to reduce the complexity of AR
System authentication after a customer asked us why they still needed
the BMC AREA LDAP plugin if they had SSO enabled their AR System.

It was a good question, because BMC are dropping support for the Windows
User Tool and hence all front end user access will be via the Midtier.
The AREA Plugin is not quick to configure, and a separate plugin can be
required for each Active Directory, providing multiple levels of
effort/configuration.

In contrast, you can configure SSO Plugin with four pieces of
information - two of which are the service account username/password and
the other two are available from opening a Windows command prompt.  Once
configured, the plugin can authenticate users against all Domain
Controllers on a typical corporate network.

Only yesterday did we put together a video on this topic, so if you're
interested in seeing the functionality, click on the "features and
functions" video on this page
(http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/jss/ssoplugin) and step through to
3min 50sec.

Credit for this superb suggestion goes to Sascha, a Remedy Admin at a
large German BMC client :-)

John