From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arsl...@arslist.org] On Behalf Of Remedy Maniac
Sent: Tuesday, December 07, 2010 6:36 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: connections issues with email engine on ARS 7.5

dear listers,

the email engine seems to have some issues.
Whenever I start the email engine, I can see in the Email error logs:

"Timeout during database query -- consider using more specific search
criteria to narrow the results, and retry the operation ONC/RPC call
timed out"

Has anyone already seen this?

I got sybase 15 as the RDBMS
Last week, my DBA recovered the DB from a previous backup.
They forgot to change the default DB for ARAdmin to the new one.
So I worked a whole day on the old db without noticing anything.
Eventually we noticed the error. So they changed the default DB.

I am wondering whether somthing needs to be fixed in the new DB.

Any help/hint would be very much appreciated.

Serouche