Dear Listers,

At JSS, we provide professional services for no cost when people are evaluating
our solutions.  These are often provided via remote desktop and we often find
ourselves showing people how to profile the performance of AR System Java
plugin server and Midtier.

There's a really good and little known tool called jconsole that's shipped with
the Java Development Kit.  You can use it to perform graphical remote
monitoring of a Java Virtual Machine, so we thought it may be helpful to
provide a presentation for the AR System community.

Therefore, if you have a few minutes, put on your headphones and enjoy our
"Monitoring AR System and Midtier performance" video walkthrough:

http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/jss/video/view/MidTier-JMX

You will notice that the video refers to a set of JVM environment variables,
and as you can't copy and paste from a video, they are as follows:

-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote
-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=8090

Remember, as the video commentary points out, when using the Tomcat Windows
configuration tool, you must ensure there are no trailing spaces to each
variable above.

We hope this is a useful tool in your development toolkt.  Happy Christmas to
all.

John
--
Single Sign On for the AR System