It might depend on the version of ARServer.  Things around licenses in
server groups changed in the not too recent past; long enough ago that my
assumptions may no longer be correct.  This may only apply to servers that
pre-date the license form and relied on the license file.

>From a simple test I was able to allocate 2 floating licenses across 2
remedy servers for the same user where the Remedy servers are in the same
server group:

>From Server 1 aruser.log file:
> /* Fri Jan 14 2011 16:40:51.1490 */  FLOAT  GRANT WRITE    testfloater
(2 of 16500 write)
> /* Fri Jan 14 2011 16:41:28.9884 */         LOGIN          testfloater

>From Server 2 aruser.log file:
> /* Fri Jan 14 2011 16:41:44.0675 */  FLOAT  GRANT WRITE    testfloater
(1 of 16500 write)
> /* Fri Jan 14 2011 16:43:28.3593 */         LOGIN          testfloater

On logout aruser.log shows the following:

>From Server 1:
> /* Fri Jan 14 2011 16:46:42.1756 */  FLOAT  RELEASE        testfloater
(1 used of 16500 write)

>From server 2:
> /* Fri Jan 14 2011 16:46:42.2598 */  FLOAT  RELEASE        testfloater
(0 used of 16500 write)

The opinions, statements, and/or suggested courses of action expressed in
this E-mail do not necessarily reflect those of BMC Software, Inc.  My
voluntary participation in this forum is not intended to convey a role as a
spokesperson, liaison or public relations representative for BMC Software,
Inc.