Hi Sergio,

When talking with BMC support it is a limitation; only basic authentication
is supported.

We did come up with a workaround and were able to consume the web service
but I don't think it was a production worthy solution.  As a proof of
concept we used BURP Proxy to add on the NTLM authentication (see bottom of
email for info).  One function of BURP Proxy is to add NTLM credentials to a
request.  We put BURP Proxy on our test Remedy application server, pointed
the filter that consumes the web service to localhost which was actually the
BURP Proxy configured to proxy to our LANDesk server.  It worked but since
BURP's purpose is to intercept traffic all of that logging adds overhead as
well as creates an intermediate log of all of the traffic/data.  Putting
man-in-the-middle software in a production environment as a workaround just
didn't seem like a good idea.

The LANDesk web services were sidelined so we never worked out a final
solution.  Instead of using the BURP Proxy we talked about two other
solutions:

   1. Our LANDesk team is also very handy with .NET and MS technologies.  We
   tossed around the idea of them creating a middle-ware that would replace
   BURP Proxy it's only function would be to tack on NTLM authentication and
   pass the request to LANDesk
   2. We also talked about installing a new LANDesk instance just for web
   services and various automation/integrations (this is the most likely
   candidate we would have gone with).  On this one instance (website) we would
   allow basic authentication but secure it with SSL to encrypt the clear text
   password and ACLs to limit what hosts could access the website publishing
   the web service.

On a side note, BURP Proxy is a pretty cool tool and something I am keeping
handing to troubleshoot and profile web apps.

HTH,
Jason

BURP Proxy:
http://portswigger.net/burp/proxy.html

Burp Proxy is an intercepting proxy server for security testing of web
applications. It operates as a man-in-the-middle between your browser and
the target application, allowing you to:

    * Intercept and modify all HTTP/S traffic passing in both directions.
    * Easily analyze all kinds of content, with automatic colorizing of
request and response syntax, rendering of web content, and parsing of
serialization schemes like AMF.
    * Apply fine-grained rules to determine which requests and responses are
intercepted for manual testing.
    * View all traffic in the detailed proxy history, with advanced filters
and search functions.
    * Send interesting items to other Burp Suite tools with a single click.
    * Save all of your work, and resume working later.
    * Quickly search and highlight interesting content within HTTP messages.
    * Work with custom SSL certificates and non-proxy-aware clients.
    * Define rules to automatically modify requests and responses without
manual intervention.

Burp Proxy provides the foundation for Burp Suite's user-driven workflow,
allowing you to use an application in the normal way via your browser, and
yet have full control of all its requests and responses. Using the proxy,
you can quickly understand how the application works and start testing it
manually, and you can also pass individual requests to other Burp tools for
more advanced, customized and automated testing.