From: Kathy Morris
Sent: Friday, March 04, 2011 10:53 AM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Oracle 11G and AR 7.6.04 64Bit Install issues

**
Hi,

Can someone tell me how to get Oracle 11g to work/install with AR 7.6.04?.
I have a 64-bit laptop.  I installed 11g Oracle on Windows 7.  I am trying to
install AR 7.6.04 on Oracle 11g.  During the AR install, I selected 64 bit.  I
am getting error messages and cannot proceed with the installation of AR
System.  The database seems to be running successfully.

During the install when I connect to the database using DBMS account, I get a
warning message that says:
Possible causes
- path variables point to incorrect   Oracle client
- tnsnames.ora does not exist or has incorrect connection details
- missing 64 bit oracle client libraries

My system path is:
C:\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\bin;C:\app\oracle\product\11.2.0\dbhome_1\lib;

My tnsnames.ora displays:
ORCL =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 127.0.0.1)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = orcl.Servername)
    )
  )

ORCL =
  (DESCRIPTION =
    (ADDRESS_LIST =
      (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = 192.168.x.x)(PORT = 1521))
    )
    (CONNECT_DATA =
      (SERVER = DEDICATED)
      (SERVICE_NAME = orcl.Servername)