On the destination dataset you can set the precedence weight to 1000
(max value).  In our environment we have 4 different data sources that
reconcile to our CMDB.  On the destination I set those attributes that
need to be permanent at 700 with the data set precedence set at a lower
value than the attributes.  Keep in mind the value is arbitrary as long
as the destination dataset has a higher value than the source datasets.
It works like this:

BMC Asset:  500 precedence weight on dataset, 700 on attributes that are
permanent
Discovery:  400 precedence weight on dataset, 600 on attributes that I
want propagated

What this allows is a default behavior of not propagating any attributes
except for those that you specifically want propagated.  You will need
to coordinate those attributes among the discovery datasets to ensure
you don't have more than one that is trying to update the same
attribute.  Also keep in mind that the Dataset Merge Precedence Sets
will also function as a tie breaker by order, with the first (lowest
number) in the set winning in case of a tie.

Hopefully this helps.

Jim