From: vikram_k <vk0073...@techmahindra.com>
To: arslist <arslist@ARSLIST.ORG>
Sent: Fri, Mar 11, 2011 5:13 am
Subject: Using DSO to sync two AR Servers

Hi listers,
Greetings,
I have a new challenge thrown at me.. now the performance of the system is
ood enough (if you remember my tiring question about ARS performance and
uge queries) now I have been asked to find a way to keep 2 application
ervers in sync at real time. And what I could think of is to introduce DSO
o into the picture. So here it goes:
1) Is it best to use DSO to keep 2 Application servers in sync all real
ime.
) Both the application servers are replicas of each other but
eographically located.
) The ARS application is completely customized with 350+ forms to be
anaged in sync.
) Also DSO is to be used to archive data from one of the servers into the
ther which will be used as just an read only reporting server.
) Both the servers are ARS 5.0.1 :)
So I would really appreciate if you can help me through this as well as you
id in my previous endavour.
My questions :
1) Is it reliabe to use DSO in this big context?
) What all factors do I have to keep my eyes on while doing this?
) What is the performance hit that if at all one can expect?
) Any specific setting that can be implemented to keep the performance up?
I guess this is a nice learing experience for someone like me and would like
ny help possible from you guys.

hanks in advance
Regards,
ikram.
-
iew this message in context:
http://old.nabble.com/Using-DSO-to-sync-two-AR-Servers-tp31123715p31123715.html
ent from the ARS (Action Request System) mailing list archive at Nabble.com.
ttend wwrug11 www.wwrug.com ARSList: "Where the Answers Are"