From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Jason Miller
Sent: Friday, March 11, 2011 1:40 AM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Is it Possible to Install ITSM in HyperV-Virtual
Environment !

** Kailashnath,

The OS and application are the same no matter if installed on server
hardware directly or virtual, installed on Hyper-V or VMware.

Our test ITSM 7.6 system is on Hyper-V and production is on VMware ESX
(the prod db server is physical though).  Users access ITSM by
connecting to the Mid-Tier server with their web browser.  The same is
true for using the Windows User Tool and Developer Studio, we just
connect to the application server instead.  It works very well.

There is a quote from the 7.6.03 beta I see come up occasionally
regarding the speed of the first ITSM Preconfigured Suite Stack
Installer.  That performance (installed in less than an hour) was
experienced on a single Hyper-V / Windows 2008 R2 server (app/db/web)
that was underpowered for I was asking of it.  Granted that was for
installing and not under user load, the point being there really is no
functional difference between hardware or virtual.

Hope that helps,
Jason

On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 3:46 AM, Kailashnath A J