It almost sounds like she has a table field but referring to it as a just a
table and back end table is the form the table field is referencing.  The
way I am reading it she already has the filter guide firing but it is not
looping how she expects.

If this is the case, and you are using all ARS functionality (table field
vs. back end SQL table directly), there is no need to refresh the table
field in a filter guide/loop.  ARS is smart enough to know how to handle
it.  A table field is more or less a UI component.  The ability to do filter
loops was added later (version 6.0 I think) and my belief is ARS uses the
table field definition to build the SQL query to get the record set for a
filter guide loop.

Please describe the issue you are experiencing so we can better help you.

My wild guess is that you are doing a push fields with the data in the table
field and may need to override filter phasing with *`!* at the end of the
filter name.  Just a guess with what little we have to work with.

Jason