From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Misi Mladoniczky
Sent: 28 March 2011 11:24
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Mixing best-practice and base-development in 7.6.04...

Hi,

I thought to check out the overlay-features.

I wanted to add three fields to AR System Email Messages, and it worked.

Then I wanted to create table in one of my custom forms that searched AR
System Email Messages based these fields. This did NOT work out.

1. Do I really have to convert everything with the famous BPCU (Best
Prectice Conversion Utility) before go on with this?

2. Is there an easy way to convert one form to Custom within Developer
Studio?

4. Can you "merge" my overlay customizations into the Base Development
mode, and revert the changes from overlay to base?

5. Any other advice?

        Best Regards - Misi, RRR AB, http://www.rrr.se

Products from RRR Scandinavia (Best R.O.I. Award at WWRUG10):