Can you tell me if there is any BMC or third party tool out there that
would let our QC team import definitions without giving them the
development studio or the Admin tool?

Part of our company's policy is that development must not take place on
production environments. So we develop in on one box and export/import
into production.

Another part of the policy is that whoever makes a development change
cannot also be able to put it into production (as a control). So,
developers are not allowed to move development objects into production
and do not have permission to the production system. Moving in the
changes is the responsibility of the Quality Change Control team.

To summarize the breakdown is this:

        Dev - allowed to develop, not allowed to move into production
        QC -  allowed to move into production, not allowed to develop

I've been looking around for some utilities but haven't found any so
far. A command line definition import tool would be ideal.

If an import tool is not available. Are there any other alternative
angles you can think of for meeting these requirements?

Thank,
Ken Cecil
Hubbell Incorporated