From: William Rentfrow
Sent: Wednesday, April 20, 2011 3:36 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Server group admin server?

I have a server group with 6 servers.

Server #1 should be the admin server.  For some reason server #6 is what
all the servers believe is the admin server.

I thought the admin server was solely designated by whatever server had
the #1 ranking for admin actions in the Server Group Operation Ranking
(SGOR) form but it appears to be stored somewhere else.  I know this
because I...

1.)    Stopped all servers

2.)    Restarted the #1 server, removed all server group references

3.)    Deleted all entries in the SGOR form

4.)    Restarted #1 server, verified no entries in the SGOR

5.)    Re-configured #1 server to be in a server group and stopped the
server

6.)    Checked the ar.conf for any reference to other servers, etc -
none found.  Enabled admin functions manually in the ar.conf file

7.)    Restarted the server

And guess what shows up in the SGOR form?  13 entries for server # 6,
all of them showing that server as priority 1 for everything.

Where is server #1 getting the references to #6?  It's not communicating
with it because it is shut down.  It's not in the ar.conf or the
armonitor.conf file and it certainly was not in the SGOR form because no
entries were in prior to the server starting.

The other way to ask this question is "How do I change which server is
the admin server in a server group?"

William Rentfrow

Principal Consultant, StrataCom

www.stratacominc.com