I'm being asked to import bulk, custom DSL entries into an ARS 7.1/Atrium
2.1/DSL 7.1 environment.  The goal is simply to make those DSL entries a)
selectable on the Licensable Products tab of a SW License Contract, and b)
make those DSL entries match the prod cat values of incoming BMC_Product SW
instances.

The DSL 7.1 custom import documentation is light (pp. 40-55 of the DSL 7.1
Admin Guide), and the validation functionality built into Remedy doesn't
seem to provide too much detail.  I was hoping maybe some of you (Arnold,
Kelly?) had been asked to bulk import custom PDEs into the DSL, or create
sample data, and that there might be import spreadsheets similar to the
foundation data loader spreadsheets.  Heck, even some advice would be
appreciated.

This diagram on p. 40 of the DSL Admin Guide, I was hoping, meant I could
avoid the File and AppFile forms, since I'm only looking for the SW License
Engine to automatically match new instances of BMC_Product to SW License
Contracts using the 6 tiers of Prod Cat values.  But the Application form
entries I'm creating are not validating, and I'm wondering if it has
something to do with the lack of a related File and therefore AppFiles
entry...but I can't figure out how to populate the File and AppFile forms,
especially since I'm not actually loading real DSL
entries...but...but...but.  I don't know what I don't know, I guess.

Oh, and what is MfgID?  The MfgID for records in the PDL:ESIDXXX forms (from
the BMC packages) don't matching anything in the COM:Company form.

cid:image003.png@01CC03EF.C309D3D0

--

Mike Hennessy