From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Pruitt, Christopher (Bank of
America Account)
Sent: 02 May 2011 20:31
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Setting Application-Generate-GUID via SQL

Does anyone on the list know how to perform this process via SQL Update
statement.

$PROCESS$ Application-Generate-GUID

We have been trying to do it via a filter for thousands of records to
generate a GUID value into a field where it is missing.

We can do it in very small batches, 10-20 records at a time but like I seen
we have over 1000 to update and wanted to know if anyone had a way of doing
it via a SQL Update statement.

Our environment.
ARS v 7.1 patch 9
Oracle 10g
SunOS 5.9

Christopher Pruitt
Business Consulting III
HP Enterprises Services
christopher.pru...@hp.com
www.hp.com<http://www.hp.com/>

Confidentiality Notice: This message and any files transmitted with it are
intended for the sole use of the entity or individual to whom it is
addressed, and may contain information that is confidential, privileged, and
addressee for this e-mail, you are hereby notified that any copying,
distribution, or dissemination of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this e-mail in error, please immediately destroy, erase, or
discard this message. Please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail
if you have received this e-mail by mistake.