Yes you are right there.. Depending on where you are coming from you could get a lot of traffic and if the conference as Dan pointed out starts at 7:30 AM you could well miss an hour of it everyday if traffic holds you back..

Which hotel is it at this year?

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: pritch Sent: Tuesday, May 03, 2011 2:21 PM Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: WWWRUG 11 - Hotel Expense

20 minutes ?  During rush hour that would equate to about a 45-60 minute
drive.

On Mon, 2 May 2011 15:58:49 -0400, Joe Martin D'Souza <jdso...@shyle.net> wrote: You may also want to check out options a little outside the DC area in Virginia, which may be about 20 minutes driving distance from the hotel. Some of those hotels may even have a shuttle service into DC if you do not feel comfortable renting a car and driving one here considering that you would be used to right hand drives in London. Taxi’s in most places in Virginia run by meter instead of higher flat rates so that may be a relatively cheap option too – not cheaper than a car rental but relatively cheap..

Joe

From: Warren R. Baltimore II
Sent: Monday, May 02, 2011 3:41 PM
Newsgroups: public.remedy.arsystem.general
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG

**
Peter,

While DC is in no way as expensive as say London, it still isn't cheap. You might want to take a look at Hotels.com or priceline. You may be able to find something a bit less pricey.

Maybe I should rent out space in my basement!  I could make a fortune....

The only problem is getting everyone to and from my house in Maryland... especially after a happy hours!

Good luck!