Guys,

Just turn on SQL logging and you will see the answer.

If ARS did what you suggested in the last paragraph, ARS would be a database
engine.  You can place indexes through ARS (recommended) or directly in the
database (not recommended but often done).  The effect's the same.

Cheers
Ben Chernys

Senior Software Architect
Software Tool House Inc.

Canada / Deutschland / Germany
Mobile:      +49 171 380 2329    GMT + 1 + [ DST ]
Email:       Ben.Chernys _AT_ softwaretoolhouse.com
Web:         www.softwaretoolhouse.com

Check out Software Tool House's free Diary Editor.

Meta-Update, our premium ARS Data tool, lets you automate
your imports, migrations, in no time at all, without programming,
without staging forms, without merge workflow.
http://www.softwaretoolhouse.com/

Ben