I have a search being performed by a user that is returning unexpected results,
and I was hoping someone may know why.  I have a theory, but would like to see
what the experts in the community think.

Below is a modified version of the search being performed:

('Assigned Group*+' = "Group 1" OR 'Assigned Group*+' = "Group 2" OR 'Assigned
Group*+' = "Group 3")  AND  ( 'Assignee+' != "Jane Doe") AND  ( 'Submit Date'
>= "$Start Date$" AND 'Submit Date' < "$End Date$" ) AND ('Status*' !=
"Cancelled")

This search is returning the expected results on tickets assigned to
individuals, but does not return results for tickets that have not yet been
assigned.  Any insight would be great.  I am mainly just curious why NULL
fields are not included in the search.

Thanks in advance for any feedback.

ARS 7.5
ITSM 7.6 0