In your case this is a disadvantage, but makes sense for the companies
that want to provide scripts that are specific to only certain support
groups.

I did this for templates; I created a dummy group and made every
support person a member of that group.  That way whenever I needed to
make a template available to all, I merely permission it for that group.
 I think that should work for you as well for scripts.

Ben Cantatore
Remedy Manager
(914) 457-6209

Emerging Health IT
3 Odell Plaza
Yonkers, New York 10701

>>> moe.abdela...@gmail.com 05/25/11 11:46 AM >>>

**
Is there any reason behind the way BMC developed this piece as being
locked/accessible only to explicit groups?

In our situation, we have 214 support groups and we need to associate
about 23 scripts. That means 23*214 = 4922 script mappings that need to
be loaded into the system. Imagine if the number tripled, that means
69*214 = 14766 mappings.

Does anyone else suffer from this limitation or restriction?
Any work around or we need to do our own customization to make the each
script available to all groups?

ARS: 7.5.04
ITSM: 7.6.00
DB: Oracle 10g