Dear Listers,

Earlier this year, we provided a video on monitoring Midtier and AR
System using jconsole. The jconsole tool uses JMX and is primarily for
monitoring your Midtier, AR System Java plugin server, Dashboards, etc.

We've produced a new video that demonstrates how to profile memory usage
using the jvisualvm tool, a hidden gem within the Java Development
Toolkit. The video covers the following:

* An overview of jvisualvm functions.
* How to profile memory usage on the Midtier.
* Take snapshots of memory usage, essential for reporting memory issues
to BMC.
* And for the most curious, how to examine the state of objects held in
memory.

The video can be found here:

http://www.javasystemsolutions.com/jss/video/view/MidTier-JVisualVM

Whilst the video demonstrates how to profile memory, a CPU trace can be
taken by using the CPU button next to the memory button at 1m22s.

jvisualvm is a superb tool and we hope this is a useful addition to your
support toolkit.

John

--
SSO for BMC Remedy ITSM