We had the same issues with BOXI.  Resolved it with the following.  Read the
below config changes and reference the two links below.  This resolved our
timeout issues which were heavily impacting our report development resources.
Nate.

Navigate to the deployed application where the web.xml file containing the
session timeout for WebI Report processing: Tomcat ex:
<JavaAppServerInstallDir>/webapps/AnalyticalReporting/WEB-INF/web.xml
Open the web.xml in a text editor such as Notepad or vi Edit the following
line:
<session-config> <session-timeout>20</session-timeout> </session-config> This
line is in minutes.Choose a value as required
Save the web.xml file. Stop and start the Java Application Server
Change the below paramters in Central management console.
Log on to Central management console (CMC) in XI 3.1
Go To #Applications# under Manage
Right Click (Web Intelligence) > Manage > Properties.
Increase the time of #auto-save time delay# to 120min.
Click Save & Close

http://busobj.wordpress.com/2010/01/14/how-to-set-various-web-intelligence-timeouts/

http://sunsethill.ca/articles/id/8/infoview-timeout-issues.aspx

Nathan Aker