Dear listers,

I wanted to create some eMail templates for automatic signature (footer).
Therefor I created an html-file and added it to page AR System Email Templates.

If an email is sent by Remedy the footer always looks okay. But unfortunately
if there is an german-umlaut in the text (äöüÄÜÖß) there are cryptically signs.
When I replace the "ß"-sign with "ß", in outlook the ß-sign is displayed
correctly.

My html-files' header is the following:

<head>

I thought in UTF-8 there is no need to replace the "ß"-sign to "&szlig;".

I also tried to change the Encoding-type in AR System Email Templates to
Unicode (UTF-8) but the results where equal.

Do you have any ideas?

Thanks a lot for help.

Regards

Christoph