From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of patchsk
Sent: Thursday, June 02, 2011 4:51 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: How to rollback the changes once we depolyed on the server?

There is no easy automatic way.
Incase of a mass release db restore is an ideal option.
But for small and medium releases it is not an ideal option.
Usually you create a change ticket per feature.
And document the workflow being touched on each change ticket and
attach the backup instructions with the code.
You can refer that during the rollback.
If you really  need to automate then you end up creating custom
scripts, I do not think not many people do that.