From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList) [arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] on
behalf of Rick Cook [remedyr...@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, June 08, 2011 1:27 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Re: Looooooooooong update times on ARSCHEMA

**

What I think we have is some confusion in terms.  While the nextId value for
each form is stored in the arschema table for each form, there isn't any need
(I would argue that it would be counterproductive) to have that value set at
anything greater than zero FOR the arschema form itself.  Since he reported
issue wasn't with any form except arschema, and since the only time a nextId is
requested for that form is when a new form is created, I fail to see the
connection between your solution and the reported problem.

Now if you had suggested adding a db index to the arschema table, I could see
the potential for performance improvements.

Rick