From: Action Request System discussion list(ARSList)
[mailto:arslist@ARSLIST.ORG] On Behalf Of Ivan Runions
Sent: Wednesday, June 15, 2011 4:50 PM
To: arslist@ARSLIST.ORG
Subject: Remedy User tool connecting through Windows 2008 R2 Firewall rules

**
I have a new ARS 7.6.04 environment on a Win 2008 R2 virtual machine.

The Firewall rules are setup to allow TCP on Port 3060 and UDP on port 111.  In
theory this allows the User tool to connect without specifying port 3060.
However something is still blocking port 111 for the portmapper.

My Windows server guy has asked me to explicity ask if other places have run
this on Windows 2008 R2 as opposed to Windows 2008 (non R2).

... so... I've just asked.   Has anyone done this on Win 2008 R2?

-ivan-

--
Ivan Runions
 3rd Party Services Support